Thursday, December 13, 2007

Do Not Drink The Kool Aid 1: Prison, God, and the Innocent Project


Another man goes free after serving hard time for a crime he did not commit.

The Atlanta Journal Constitution reported yesterday the release of another man wrongly convicted of rape.

Lets see that is:

1- Calvin Johnson Jr., convicted in 1983 of rape, aggravated sodomy, and burglary in College Park Ga. Served 15 and a half years before in 1999 exonerated with the help of Innocence Project (New York).

2- Douglas Echols convicted in 1987 of rape and kidnapping and robbery in Savannah. Exonerated in 2002 with the help of Innocence Project (New York).

3- Samuel Scott with Echols convicted in 1987 of rape and kidnapping and robbery in Savannah. Exonerated in 2002 with the help of Innocence Project (New York).

4- Clarence Harrison, convicted in 1987 of rape, robbery, and kidnapping in Decatur Ga. In 2004 exonerated with the help of Innocence Project (Georgia).

5- Robert Clark Convicted in 1982 of rape kidnapping and armed robbery in East Atlanta. In 2005 exonerated with the help of the Innocence Project (Georgia and New York).

6- Willie Otis “Pete” Williams, Convicted in 1985 of rape, kidnapping, and aggravated sodomy in Atlanta. In 2005 exonerated with the help of Innocence Project (Georgia).

7- John White convicted in 1979 of rape and robbery. In 2007 exonerated with the help of Innocence Project (Georgia).


This is just in Georgia, were not talking about not the rest of the country.

This is becoming very common place now, what always amazes me is that when they show these men they seem so calm, peaceful, forgiving.

I wonder how these men come out not having hate tattooed on their heart.

How do you not hate the judge, the DA, the jury the prison, the victim, white people, women, anything?

How do you not feel bitter about having your time in life robbed from you what in some cases maybe just plain old set up by the police and DA?

How do not want to act like an Islamic fundamentalist and murder everything moving?

With God in their heart I guess.

I know me, I would hate every living thing on this planet.

I know I would come out of there ready to do something that would send me back to prison with the quickness.

God could only save me, and he would have a tough time doing it.

But you know the sad thing about this that know realize is the there are two injustices that are done here.

The wrongly convicted and the victim of the rapes.

Just because these men were innocent does not mean that a crime did not take place.

Those women were raped and they were robbed of there opportunity to justice by what I would say less than competent police and DA work.

But no one ever puts these people up to task for it.

Hell the DA in the Duke Lacrosse case was disbarred for trying to put those boys on trial.

These men served hard time! 16, 15, 15, 17, 23, 28 years served by these men!

Just "oops my bad".

No disbarment no firing no pensions snatched back.

Naw family it cant be me, I am not that good of a person to not want a pound of flesh if that was done to me.

I would kill.

Thats why I think I need to take my butt to church I need some of that God love to keep me sane.

Thanks to the Innocent Project for caring and proving that yeah the "Man" is out to get us.