Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dont Drink The Kool Aid 9: Obama could lose for being black.

Poll: Barack Obama could lose six percentage points on election day for being black


Six percentage points is the price Barack Obama could pay on election day for being black.

That disturbing calculation was found in a groundbreaking new Associated Press-Yahoo News poll conducted with Stanford University which probes the effect of the Democratic presidential candidate's race on his historic campaign for the White House.

"There's a penalty for prejudice, and it's not trivial," Stanford University political scientist Paul Sniderman told the AP.



Here is the thing, I don't trust polls, mainly because I never took one, or at least one that was broad casted all over the planet.

And I don't have any friends that have taken one either.

So I always wonder who the hell are they asking?

I treat polls with as much disdain as I have for statistics.

I HATE STATISTICS.

Both of which can be twisted to say what ever you want them to say as long as you ask the right question to the right person in the right place, and of course as long as you leave out information as well.

Like the stat they had running around say that 50% of young black teenagers had a STD.

Of course the neglected to tell you the hard numbers behind the stats.

If when they say half do they mean 1 out of 2?

2 out of 4?

How many of those kids did they ask?

I mean if you ask a 100 black kids and 50 come up positive than yeah that's 50%

But if you asked 1000 white kids and 25% of that number comes up positive, well you do the math.

Where they low income or upper class?

Hell did you go to a clinic and ask?

I would think you would find a lot of smoking ass in a health clinic.

Same thing with polls, if your polling a bunch of rednecks at a Klan rally in the middle of South Carolina than yeah I guess they wouldn't be inclined to vote for Obama.

It's called cooking the books, now some may find motivation out of it others can find despair and want to quit.

Me I find it annoying as hell.

They have been saying he could lose for being black the moment he ran for POTUS.

Hell they have been saying I would lose for being black, the day I was born.

He is still running and I ain't dead yet.

Excuse me if I pass on that Kool Aid there serving.


(For those who dont know this is what I mean when I say Kool Aid)