Monday, September 15, 2008

The Blogging Star Award

The Villager from Electronic Village has honored me by awarding me the Blogging Star.




The Award originated from Barb at Skittles' Place, This award is for bloggers who shine their light throughout the Blogoshere. Some do it with humor, others with creativity, and others with their kind and thoughtful natures. We all know more than a few of them so why not give them some recognition?"



Now there are a lot of blogs I hit up on the regular and the ones that move me I put on my link list, but even out of all them there are a few that that stood out from the rest for one reason or the other.

So here we go,

The Marvalus View This is one of the first blogs I got hooked on I'm not sure how I came across her blog but I'm sure it was through a link of a blog I haven't seen in a while. A personal blog like mine that touches on everything from to politics, relationships, pop culture, spirituality. I am hooked on her Old School Friday and her Top Ten. I have watched her blog grow and change up in a short period of time and been down with her through out. She has had a serious effect on how I run my own show, and I am proud to say that she is one my blogging role models.

The Renaissance Black Woman
Baby girl here is a mover and shaker, the title of her blog describes her down to her DNA, but she says it pretty good herself,

"I'm a Renaissance Black Woman...and this blog is a personal one that will be a random cluster of my career challenges, relationship woes, living life to the fullest, and being a young, ambitious, independent woman.

I am real! You wont find anything here exaggerated or fabricated. I can admit I have been known to tell a person off and Praise the Lord in the same sentence but what can I say, "God ain't threw with me yet!" So hate it or love it...this is ME!"


And I love every bit of her, lol.

Essential Presence Now this what she says "Navigating this single mom, graduate school, Florida thing with a short attention span and even shorter patience." That's not enough to describe a complex women like her. I always say education, intelligence, and common sense are do not go hand in hand and that one out of ten people have it all. She is one of them. I came about this diamond while doing my Internet Ike Turner impression on WAOD, she stood out from the rest with her understanding of the bigger picture of life, and her desire for answers instead of more questions. Her insight on politics, race, crime, and observations of life from a single mother's perspective is unique and addictive. I know I am going to get the "real" when I go to her blog.

The Jaded New Yorker
"Harsher than a Buffalo winter, meaner than a Colombian soccer fan, harder to get rid of than a scorching case of herpes...I'm that bitch that's stuck in your head like a TV commercial jingle..." Yup that sounds about right, lol. Another writer with a gun we call blogs, I love her blogo swagga. Guaranteed to get a perspective out of everything this planet has to offer in a way that only a true New Yorker can give you. Check out her new radio show on Mondays 11:00 pm.

Sagacious Rambling Now this blogger just recently came to my attention with her political views that have had me running back to her site like an addict. In her own words,

"Welcome to Sagacious Rambling - A daily dose of my perspective.

I'm a registered nurse by profession; a blogger, freelance writer, mother, wife, friend, mentor and lover of life by choice.

Just recently I began to blog again. It's not about generating an income to support this lavish (ha!...ha!) lifestyle I have. Although generating an income doing something you love can't be too wrong. Blogging for me is my passion. I've never been at a loss for words and allowing those words to flow through writing gives me the opportunity to share my views and opinions with others who can relate or perhaps those who might disagree whichever the case may be."
One of the few shining lights in the blogosphere.

Black Tennis Pro Now I love sports and I love a woman who gets down with sports but one who has her own blog about it? That's raw. Shelia has been doing her thing reporting the news and progress of black tennis players which I shamefully admit I did not know out side of the Williams sisters, Blake and a hand full of others. I like a blog that does good work and she does great work.

The True Urban Queen "The True Urban Queen aka Sharon
Mother of two. Lover of high heels. Loving self. Feeling good and looking great. And always two steps from the brink of insanity."
Another blog that has me coming back for more like good food, some people's lives are interesting for one reason or another, their good times and bad that they choose to share with you has you rooting for them the moment they get out of bed. I'm in her corner.

Miz's Write For Life Another writer with a gun, Mz. Represent writing style and opinions on relationships has me on my toes. An independent woman in every sense of the word, I look forward to her post on all her blogs and I am truly a fan. And that coming from a dude that cant stand Chic Lit, Chic Movies, Chic Music, Chic in clothes an so on and so forth. But this chic right her, got me open.

I got to stop it right here or else every one would be put on and what kind of award is that. Just know if you on my list that like an award because I don't mess with lames. And since every one likes awards I got a few I want to pass out but I am going to save it for the end of the year.

Now for the winners:

All honorees are asked to do the following: (a) Proudly display it on your blog along with a link to who gave it to you; (b) mention that it originated at Skittles' Place so Barb can follow it's journey; and (c) Pass it on to any blogger(s) you think should have it.



Peace.