Tuesday, September 30, 2008

10 Reasons Why It's Hard to Date a Black Woman

Now while surfing for material for a post i came across this gem by Matthew Lynch that had me LMAO.

I have no idea how old the post is but I couldn't resist posting it.

Here is my favorite part;

When observing the condition of our intimate interaction, African Americans are no longer interested in courting, dating or harvesting the patience essential in the process of selecting the appropriate partner for our lives. To piggy back off of that point, many of us � men especially - in the African American community are slowly becoming more and more apathetic to concepts of relationships and marriage, let alone entertaining courtships with someone with the same color skin. Percentages of Black men and women dating outside their races have increased significantly over the last decade. More so now than ever, it has become more common to see a Black man with a white woman (or non-African American) on his arm. Though black women are no longer sitting around waiting on her black savior to come to his senses, as they have also begun testing the waters of alternative nationalities, the reasons as to why successful black men are not choosing black women once they reached the top remains a mystery. What is it about black women that compel black men to choose differently when it comes to dating?

Now you already know the BS is going to begin with an ending statement like that.

And he was kind enough to give us a neat summary in the form of a top ten.

Lets have some fun with it shall we?



Top Ten Reasons Why It's Hard to Date A Black Woman.

1. Black women make black men feel under appreciated, unwarranted and irresponsible and regressive.


Hhmm......maybe?

No, nope, don't see it that way, that's a generalization of women and men, to say all black women are like this and all black men believe them to be this way.

True, I have run across my share of women who really don't know how to talk to a man.

But I chalk that up to them not having a man in the house to watch and learn from their mothers how to speak to one.

Basically they got no game, besides if they are in a house with a woman as head of the house hold and as there role model than why would they think that men are doing something special when they take on the role of leader?

But regardless when ever I got the diarrhea of the mouth from a woman, truth be told I deserved it, I was not doing something or was intentionally doing something wrong.

I had it coming to be simple.

But again we would have to believe that this thinking is the norm which i have to say I have not come across too many of that type.


2. Black women are too aggressive and no longer patient in waiting on the pursuit of a man.


I am assuming this is about marriage because women seeking out men as a boyfriend does not seem to be a problem in the world, (keeping them is another story).

If this is about marriage than this maybe a half truth, I have noticed that women definitely have clear cut ideas about were a relationship is supposed to end up in the end.

And I have noticed among my homeboys that they can do serious time with a woman and never mention the M word.

I see that as being a result of men being comfortable in the relationship and women not being secure in it.

Remember why buy the cow if the milk is free?


3. Black women are strong headed, too independent which presents great challenges in relationships.


I'll agree with this only because this is about dating, and if a man is not going to be putting a ring on her finger than she should not be compromising on anything, and she better be looking out for #1.


4. Black women are masculine in that they are controlling and like to run the relationship.


Now this is BS, I have yet to come across a woman that would try to do this if a man doesn't let them, hell seems to me that they are extra quick to throw the lead to men if the brotha looks like he knows what he is doing, it's a trust issue there.

Despite all the hype women have some very old fashion views about who takes lead in a relationship when it comes down to it, it's just not going to be let go for any old dude.


5. Black women expect too much. They are gold diggers who will not look twice at a blue collar black man.


Truth is I have no idea how truthful this is, my take is that most women look to date/marry up if not equal to, so the idea that black woman wants money is a tired argument.

ALL WOMEN ARE GOLD DIGGERS.

To one degree or another.

That is the rules, you want some one who can provide for you, why this is suddenly treated as a new concept is beyond me.

Now you can argue that women are making more money and thus the old rules should no longer apply, but that is a different argument for another post.


6. Black women are hot headed and have bad attitudes.


Nope, blatant lie.

Now trust me there are some bitter @!#$@!#$ out there, but the key word is bitter, when some one has a chip on their shoulder it's cause some one put it there.

But again that is not the norm, it's been my experience that women can be so hell bent on keeping a dude that they become diabetically sweet.

Attitude comes into play when things are not working in the relationship.


7. Black women stop caring about their appearance after a certain age.


Shhiiiiiiiiitttttt.

Says who?

We all have seen a hot momma or grand momma walking around, there all sorts of cougars running around out here.


8. Black women are not as sexually open as other races, especially in regards to oral sex.


Say what?!?!

The days of black women being prudes are over, looooong over.

I shouldn't of even answered this one.


9. Black women's tolerance is far too low; they are no longer empathetic to the black man's struggle in white America.


Nope, like it or not bitter boys and bitter girls for all your griping we are attached to the hip.

What effect you effect me.

What I am seeing is that women want recognition of their very real struggles and want very real solutions to be right up their with men's, as opposed to being put in the back of the line and ignored till it's time to give it up.

And that's a fair request to say the least.

True you got some out there who have no idea how to work it, but in given time they'll get it right.


10. Black women do not cater to their men.

This one is a bit vague for me, are we talking about her not fixing a man a plate when it's time to eat?

Washing clothes?

I'm going to leave this one open..

(For the record you better believe I expect my plate to be fixed for me if your calling me your boyfriend!)

So what do you think?