Friday, December 28, 2007

Product Placement: Barbancourt Rhum

Barbancourt Rhum




New Years is coming up and I am staying dry till than to fully appreciate my tippsyness for the end of the year.

Any one who knows me knows I am a professional drinker.

In fact they call me fish.

A byproduct of college.

In fact it is amazing I have not turned in to an alcoholic.

But I digress.

My favorite sip, and the one I break out for the special occasion is the award winning Haitian Rhum Barbancourt.

Now I do not drink the cheap stuff it kills my stomach.

Top shelf all the way.

I like my liquor like to be in line with my taste in women smooth, dark, strong, not to sweet and not offensive, pleasing to the eye versatile and full of personality. (You can tell I am a drinker).

And Barbancourt is a very sophisticated lady in deed.



The taste is very unassuming smooth going down.

But careful! It is strong and unlike most liquors this one will sneak up on you slowly.

There are different grades.

3 Stars aged 4 years. You can use this with your more traditional mixers.

5 Star aged 8 years. light mixing with this one please. Something like lemon or lime juice or a dash of coco cola.

Reserve Du Domaine aged 15 years. This one is my drink. I take it straight.

They have a white rhum but I have yet to sell out...err.. I mean try it yet.

Try these recipes:

Rhum on the Rocks
2 oz. Rhum Barbancourt

Pour over ice cubes.
Add a lemon twist.
Barscent
1 oz. Rhum Barbancourt
1/2 oz. Absente
1/2 oz. Cointreau

Serve in shot glass or over ice.


Rhum Barbancourt Daiquiri
1 tsp. Sugar
1-2 oz. Rhum Barbancourt
1/2 oz. Lime Juice

Shake well with cracked ice and strain.


Corkscrew
1-1/2 oz. Rhum Barbancourt
1/2 oz. Dry Vermouth
1/2 oz. Peach Liqueur
1 slice Lime

Shake well all of the ingredients and strain into a pre-chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a slice of lime.



For a list of cocktail or cooking recipes:

http://barbancourt.net/barbancourt/en/home/home.html

or

http://www.crillonimporters.com/Rhum/rhum-recipes.html

Drink well but safe.