Monday, December 17, 2007

R.I.P: Ike Turner


Ike Wister Turner (November 5, 1931 – December 12, 2007) was an American musician, bandleader, talent scout, and record producer, best known for his work with his then wife Tina Turner as one half of the Ike & Tina Turner duo. Spanning a career that lasted half a century, Ike's repertoire included blues, soul, rock, and funk. Alongside his former wife, he was inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1991 and in 2001 was inducted into the St. Louis Walk of Fame.

First I would like to say R.I.P and my condolences to his family.

And the truth is I do not know how to feel about an abusive man who gave so much to American music.

Does one out weight the other?

Can you separate them?

If so what about others who are in similar categories like R.Kelly?

Beats me.